16 February 2017 4:38 PM, PST | The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News | See recent The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News news »
Cary Fukunaga, best known for steering the first season of HBO’s True Detective, is in negotiations to direct Working Title and Universal’s adaptation of atomic bomb drama Shockwave: Countdown to Hiroshima.
Shockwave, written by Stephen Walker and published in 2005, told of the three weeks leading up to the dropping of Little Boy, the world’s first atomic bomb that leveled Hiroshima. It looked at the time preceding the event through the eyes of scientists, pilots and victims.
- Borys Kit
Similar News ItemsSnow White and the Huntsman (2012)
- New poster and behind-the-scenes featurette for Ghost in the Shell (From Flickeringmyth. 24 March 2017, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Disney Goes Down the Rabbit Hole With Possible ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Follow-Ups (From FilmSchoolRejects. 23 March 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch the Insane First 5 Minutes of Ghost in the Shell (From MovieWeb. 22 March 2017, 7:14 PM, PDT)
"True Detective" (2014)
- Han Solo Movie: Woody Harrelson Clarifies The Identity Of His Mentor Figure (From We Got This Covered. 23 March 2017, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- Colin Farrell Re-Teams with Yorgos Lanthimos for a New Amazon Series (From FilmSchoolRejects. 22 March 2017, 10:22 AM, PDT)
- “The Path” Co-ep Annie Weisman Signs Overall Deal With Universal TV (From Women and Hollywood. 22 March 2017, 7:02 AM, PDT)
Cary Joji Fukunaga
- Gunpowder & Sky Distribution picks up 'Little Boxes' (From ScreenDaily. 27 February 2017, 11:34 AM, PST)
- Jake Gyllenhaal Sings a Song From ‘Sunday in the Park With George’ With Help from Cary Fukunaga — Watch (From Indiewire. 7 February 2017, 11:55 AM, PST)
- Here's Your First Look At Stranger Things Star In Stephen King's It! (From LRM Online. 2 February 2017, 7:02 AM, PST)