“War for the Planet of the Apes” is on track to pound up $102.5 million worldwide during its opening weekend.
The latest from Fox and Chernin is eyeing $46 million from international markets. It’s opening at four major markets, and 46 total, accounting for about 36% of the film’s eventual footprint. The epic, directed by Matt Reeves and starring Andy Serkis and Woody Harrelson, is leading the domestic box office this weekend with $56.5 million.
Still, the international winner this weekend is once again “Spider-Man: Homecoming.” The release is scoring $72.3 million abroad from 63 total markets. Its global cume stands at $261.1 million. There are still several major markets for the movie to enter, including Spain, Japan and China.
Posting similarly large numbers internationally is Universal and Illumination’s “Despicable Me 3.” The estimate this weekend is $71 million from 61 territories, and the worldwide total is estimated at $619.4 million.
- Seth Kelley
Similar News ItemsWoody Harrelson
- Han Solo Spinoff May Include A Scene Involving The Famous Kessel Run (From We Got This Covered. 21 September 2017, 6:57 AM, PDT)
- Ron Howard teases the Kessel Run with new Han Solo Star Wars set photo (From Flickeringmyth. 21 September 2017, 4:04 AM, PDT)
- Spice Mines of Kessel Teased in Latest Look at Han Solo (From MovieWeb. 20 September 2017, 6:57 PM, PDT)
- Post-Production Has Officially Wrapped On Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ (From The Hollywood News. 22 September 2017, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Rian Johnson announces that Star Wars: The Last Jedi is complete (From Flickeringmyth. 22 September 2017, 9:38 AM, PDT)
- Rumored Snoke/Leia Scene Won’t Take Place In Star Wars: The Last Jedi After All (From We Got This Covered. 22 September 2017, 5:25 AM, PDT)
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- Spider-man: Homecoming Blu-ray Featurette Details Michael Keaton's Vulture Casting Process (From ComicBookMovie. 22 September 2017, 2:11 PM, PDT)
- new and ongoing cinema releases, Us/Can, from Sep 22 (From FlickFilosopher. 22 September 2017, 1:48 PM, PDT)
- new and ongoing cinema releases, UK/Ire, from Sep 20-22 (From FlickFilosopher. 22 September 2017, 1:46 PM, PDT)