“Annabelle: Creation” isn’t just fleshing out New Line Cinema’s self-proclaimed “Conjuring Universe,” it’s also helping to save the back half of the summer box office. The prequel to 2014’s “Annabelle” is conjuring up a $36 million domestic debut.
According to estimates, Warner Bros.’ supernatural horror will easily win its opening weekend after taking in $15 million from 3,502 locations on Friday, including Thursday night previews. Talitha Bateman, Lulu Wilson, Stephanie Sigman, Miranda Otto, and Anthony Lapaglia star in the origin story behind the killer, antique doll from director David F. Sandberg.
Also in the double digits for WB, “Dunkirk” continues to steamroll its blockbuster competition in second place. Despite being in its fourth frame, Christopher Nolan’s World War II drama is expected to add just under $11 million to its total after making just over $3 million from 3,762 screens on Friday. That number is also expected to officially put »
- JD Knapp
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Box Office: ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Fires Off $1.7 Million on Thursday Night (From Variety - Film News. 18 August 2017, 8:05 AM, PDT)
- 'Logan Lucky': The Six Things You Need to Make a Perfect Heist Film (From Rolling Stone. 18 August 2017, 6:39 AM, PDT)
- Netflix doesn’t consider Amazon as competition (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 6:40 PM, PDT)
- China's Puji Capital backs Peter Guber's Mandalay Endurance (From ScreenDaily. 18 August 2017, 1:40 AM, PDT)
- Chinese Investor Launches Puji Films, Backs Peter Guber’s Mandalay Endurance (From Variety - Film News. 17 August 2017, 7:15 PM, PDT)
- Amazon Studios, Warner Bros. Teaming on ‘The Goldfinch’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 17 August 2017, 11:27 AM, PDT)
Stephen King (I)
- 'It' Could Be a Blockbuster (From Movies.com. 18 August 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- It Movie Director Admits He's Not a Fan of Original Miniseries (From MovieWeb. 18 August 2017, 10:22 AM, PDT)
- Brendan Gleeson on Getting a Late Start on His Career (From Variety - Film News. 18 August 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)