24 September 2017 7:10 AM, PDT | The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News | See recent The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News news »
It was a mixed bag at the box office this weekend.
Director Matthew Vaughn's Kingsman: The Golden Circle easily won the race in North America, grossing $39 million from 4,003 theaters. That was somewhat behind expectations, although the sequel still scored one of the best openings for the month of September, as well as came in ahead of the first Kingsman: The Secret Service ($36.2 million). Heading into the weekend, however, tracking had suggested the cheeky spy action-comedy would clear $40 million.
Overseas, Kingsman 2 kicked off with $61 million for a global total of $100 million.
- Pamela McClintock
Similar News ItemsMatthew Vaughn (I)
- Rian Johnson Had A Say In What Could Be Shown In The Last Jedi Trailers (From We Got This Covered. 11 October 2017, 12:48 PM, PDT)
- FilmBookCast Ep. 67 – Kingsman: The Golden Circle (From Film-Book. 3 October 2017, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- Spy caper Kingsman: The Golden Circle still on top as Flatliners flatlines (From The Guardian - Film News. 3 October 2017, 6:59 AM, PDT)
Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014)
- Matthew Vaughn and Stardust, 10 years on (From Den of Geek. 18 October 2017, 8:44 AM, PDT)
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review (From Age of the Nerd. 17 October 2017, 12:45 AM, PDT)
- ‘Transformers’ Bumps ‘Wonder Woman’ to No. 2 on Disc Sales Charts (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2017, 4:29 PM, PDT)
Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017)
- The Creativity of Sequels (From Flickeringmyth. 22 October 2017, 10:18 AM, PDT)
- ‘Kingsman’ Tops $250M Offshore With $40M China Bow; ‘It’s At $650M+ Ww; ‘DM3’ Catches ‘Dory’ – International Box Office (From Deadline. 22 October 2017, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- Tyler Perry's 'Boo 2!' Tops Weekend While Fellow Newcomers Struggle All Around (From Box Office Mojo. 22 October 2017, 9:15 AM, PDT)