James Van Der Beek has revealed his own experiences of sexual harassment at the hands of ‘older, powerful men’ in Hollywood, as the allegations around Harvey Weinstein continue to engulf the film industry.
Van Der Beek made the claims on Twitter in a series of posts that offered support to the women who had spoken out against Weinstein. “For anyone judging the women who stayed silent, read this for perspective. Also for anyone brushing off harassment as ‘boys being boys’,” he wrote, linking to an article from fashion website The Cut that detailed a writer’s hotel-room experience with a ‘powerful man’.
Continue reading »
- Gwilym Mumford
Similar News ItemsHarvey Weinstein
- Harvey Weinstein, I'm Gonna Keep Making Movies, With or Without TWC (From TMZ. 17 October 2017, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals She was Made to Do a ‘Naked Line-Up’ & Told to Lose Weight Earlier in Her Career (From PEOPLE.com. 17 October 2017, 12:31 AM, PDT)
- Ex-Weinstein staffer says assistants were manipulated: ‘We weren’t safe either’ (From The Guardian - Film News. 17 October 2017, 12:01 AM, PDT)
James Van Der Beek
- Terry Crews' Wife Says Hollywood Execs Find Loopholes to Dodge the Law (From TMZ. 13 October 2017, 4:04 PM, PDT)
- Actors Speak Out About Harassment and Assault + More Industry News (From Backstage. 13 October 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- James Van Der Beek, Terry Crews Discuss Sexual Assault In Wake Of Harvey Weinstein Scandal (From Uinterview. 13 October 2017, 9:40 AM, PDT)
"Dawson's Creek" (1998)
- Katie Holmes Exudes Elegance in Off-the-Shoulder Embellished Gown (From Entertainment Tonight. 13 October 2017, 11:38 AM, PDT)
- James Van Der Beek Shares Sexual Assault Experiences as a Young Actor (From MovieWeb. 12 October 2017, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- James Van Der Beek Reveals He Was Sexually Harassed by "Older, Powerful Men" (From E! Online. 12 October 2017, 6:28 AM, PDT)