Ansel Elgort recently landed the role of Theo. John Crowley is on board to direct.
Warner and RatPac had picked up rights to Donna Tartt’s Pulitzer-winning book back in 2014. RatPac is also an investor on the film as well as a producer. “Goldfinch” tells the story of a young man named Theodore Decker who survives a terrorist bombing at an art museum — an attack that kills his mother. From there, he tumbles through a series of adventures that finds him living in Las Vegas with his deadbeat father and, later, involved in art forgeries.
Earlier this year, Amazon Studios agreed to co-finance the film, which will go into production at the start of 2018. As part of the pact, Amazon will invest more than a third of the movie’s budget »
- Justin Kroll
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Did CBS Just Spoil Green Lantern’s Cameo In Justice League? (From We Got This Covered. 16 October 2017, 7:53 PM, PDT)
- Batman vs Two-Face Could Have Featured Poison Ivy (From Den of Geek. 16 October 2017, 6:13 PM, PDT)
- The CW Buys ‘Dead Inside’ Supernatural Cop Drama Produced By Bill Lawrence (From Deadline TV. 16 October 2017, 4:30 PM, PDT)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- Film News Roundup: Christopher Nolan to Discuss Film Preservation at Library of Congress (From Variety - Film News. 16 October 2017, 3:50 PM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck Outlines How Zack Snyder And Joss Whedon Approached Justice League Differently (From We Got This Covered. 16 October 2017, 7:07 AM, PDT)
- Lumíère Festival: Tilda Swinton – a British Iconoclast (From Variety - Film News. 15 October 2017, 2:44 AM, PDT)
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Comes Home, Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases (From Movies.com. 10 October 2017, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Ansel Elgort and Lily James Put Their Chemistry to the Test in 'Baby Driver' Bonus Feature (Exclusive) (From Entertainment Tonight. 10 October 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- 5 Reasons why you need to see Baby Driver (From Cineplex. 10 October 2017, 8:46 AM, PDT)