Filed under: Movie News, Cinematical
George Clooney is the 'The $700 Billion Man.'
Clooney and Grant Heslov's Smoke House production company will produce a film about the Wall Street bailout. According to Variety, the project -- based on Laura Blumenfeld's 2009 Washington Post article about Tarp mastermind Neel Kashkari -- is being developed as a potential directing vehicle for Clooney.
Kashkari was a top official under then-Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson and helped develop the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program (Tarp) that bailed out the big banks following the economic collapse in 2008. Kashkari eventually left Washington and moved to an isolated cabin in Northern California.
- Harley W. Lond
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- Michael Douglas Hits Cannes With "Not So Bad" Kisser Matt Damon (From Popsugar. 21 May 2013, 11:23 AM, PDT)
- Damon Lindelof Talks Tomorrowland; Story Steeped in Disney History but “None of the Movie Takes Place in a Disneyland Park” (From Collider.com. 20 May 2013, 8:17 PM, PDT)
- Damon Lindelof Discusses Story Inspirations Behind Brad Bird's Tomorrowland (From Cinema Blend. 20 May 2013, 5:13 PM, PDT)
- George Clooney and Matt Damon Have a Boys Weekend in Lake Como (From Popsugar. 13 May 2013, 12:05 PM, PDT)
- ‘August: Osage County’ Trailer: Oscar Statues For Everyone! (From FilmSchoolRejects. 13 May 2013, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- August: Osage County Trailer Arrives (From EmpireOnline. 12 May 2013, 11:31 AM, PDT)
Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
- Perfect Father’s Day Gift: Ultimate Gangster Collection — Contemporary (From Scorecard Review. 21 May 2013, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- The English Teacher Review (From We Got This Covered. 16 May 2013, 5:38 PM, PDT)
- 'World War Z' Viral Video PSA Warns of 'Crisis Zero' World Epidemic (From FirstShowing.net. 14 May 2013, 9:26 AM, PDT)